Sunny Coast Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 1 - UPDATE

Go down

[OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 1 - UPDATE Empty [OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 1 - UPDATE

Post by Gwen Novak Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:09 pm

Hey guys so a new update is coming soon to SCA. Now before you freak out this is not an Renovation or anything dangerous like that.You all know the staff team as a whole works hard to keep SCA the best. & This update will be a product of our hard work. See we aren't always lazy. >_<

PART: 1
Back to future?

There are 2 parts to this update, but for now I'll only be letting you in on the 1st half, Basically in part 1 we will just be adding in a few new things, from places till rules, and all the in between. Read below to find out what new features you'll have to explore.

- A million new places to RP. Yes yes, we know we are a little stale on places, thats why the mods & I will be working on a grip of new places to add to our board. In return we hope this will limit the "inventing" of new places. It causes the board to be a bit disorganized when everyone is making up places that don't actually exist ( with a board). If you have a suggestion on new RP places, don't be afraid to suggest it, we love suggestions.

-You've been limited... The new character limit has dropped down to 5 from 7. Why? we figured it would be more nice if things were taken slowly and members didn't go on character creating sprees. ( It happens to all of us at some point) With the limit we think people would take more consideration into creating their characters, not that we don't now. But when you're limited, you're like "do I really want to make this character,Can I handle another character?" You see? Of course those who already have more than 5 can keep your babies, and If you have 5 very active characters, and want more, just ask me, and I'll grant you more babies.

- Gossip away! So old timers know that the way we do Gossip is always going back and forth haha. Now it's going forth I believe.
Gossip will now be OPEN meaning, it will be on an random account and if you're feeling snobbish you can log on and post in the Gbook about that certain someone who just grinds your gears. Best part is... no one will ever know it was you, Not even I. (okay maybe I will) But sweet huh? Of course I'll have to add some rules to this account to keep it all sane. Expect this sooon.

- Track then plot.. Or is it plot then track? Either way by popular demand, and the need for mas organization. We will be adding a thread tracking board, an official place to track your threads, keep them in order, and maybe track others threads, if you stalk like that. & A plotting board, to plot out your story and add in others. It's all about the organization. Right?

- Try & Then buy.. Say what? Soo this new idea sprouted in my head and I sort of had a total brain blast haha. Here's the deal, to compensate the downing of the character limit we will have this new program similar to the "Try then buy" method used around the world. But in our world we will call it the Exchange student program. With this you'll be able to throw a temporary character in our game without making an app or claims or anything. This will not be used to wreak havoc or anything, just if you have a character in mind and you're not sure if you fully want to take them on... you can test them out in game for a bit, see if their fun to play, see how they fit in with the environment. You'll be limited to a few weeks, then sadly your "Exchange student" will have to head back home, BUT will they return as a full student? That's up to you.

- Shopping for ads. Soo first thee shop? Old timers again know about the shop, Well it will be making a return once again, Except it will be used mildly for in game items like tickets and year books. & Ads, no were not going to throw a gazillion ads on you guys. Actually it will be the other away around ( not official yet till I get your opinions ) but we could have a system where bought with your SCA cash you can buy ad space on the side bar, this can be used for advertising an omega group thread, or just advertise your character, you show off, Have a club you need members for, or maybe a party? This will sort of a be a school bulletin board. Cept' you have
to pay >_< Let me know if you guys like this or not. It isn't official.

- Lastly, MAILING. Yeah yeah theres email. But the old fashion way totally rocks. You all are trapped at a boarding school far away from home, or maybe even close, but the point is you gotta miss those parents/guardians of yours sometimes. With the new mailing system you can send and receive letters to/from anyone. This will also be used for something to come in the future. But what...?

You'll have to wait for that. So this is basically PART 1 of our "We built this city" Update, so we would REALLY REALLY appreciate it if opinions were given, dislike something, love something? Let us know. This update will somewhat slowly happen over time, no need to panic it's all background work and the board will not be glitched up or anything... But we can't say the same for Part 2. O_O

Last edited by Gwen Novak on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gwen Novak

SCA Cash : 1022

http://www.sunnycoastacademy.com

Back to top Go down

[OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 1 - UPDATE Empty Re: [OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 1 - UPDATE

Post by Gwen Novak Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:13 am

New character limit has officially been enforced, and a plotting board has been created. Also to track your threads check out your profile. This should be enabled now. You can also check out others profiles to see their threads.
Gwen Novak

SCA Cash : 1022

http://www.sunnycoastacademy.com

Back to top Go down