Sunny Coast Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

She wore Blue Velvet [OPEN]

2 posters

Go down

She wore Blue Velvet [OPEN] Empty She wore Blue Velvet [OPEN]

Post by Deva Nicole Reese Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:51 am

Italic Quotes - Mom Talking
Bold Quotes - Deva Talking

"Hey Mom" Deva jumped excited for a hug, her parents were maybe 2 cities over and this was the first time she would see them since she got here. & By them it meant just her mom. Apparently Dad got this huge oh so important new job and he couldn't even take time off to see his own daughter. "You look beautiful honey" Her mom complemented playing with the curls in her hair. "Thanks" Deva blushed... "I tried this time" "So why here, why a church..oh don't tell those people at that school have you practicing religion" "NO mom" Deva laughed. She just didn't want to be seen visiting her mom and all, she wasn't ashamed of her or anything, it was just that....well... she didn't want to seem like a baby or anything, she was almost 15 and she wanted to seem mature and like she didn't need her parents, even though there were times she needed them so much. "I just figured this would be a nice place, that's all"
"Deva what's wrong you seem so jumpy" Her mom asked rubbing her shoulder. "Mom I'm fine... I just like it here... it's nice." Her voice started to crack as she stared away from her mom.
"Is it a boy?" she was spot on, it was a boy, it was this new lifestyle, it was being away from home for the first time in her life, and Deva couldn't handle it, it was just too much for her, and she'd done nothing but hold it in this whole time. "It was a boy..." Deva groaned wiping her eyes. "Deva are you gay?" Her mom asked worried. "No" she giggled still hiding her tears. "I mean he left me, and he was a player... I guess.. and I was being played the whole time." Deva's mom reached in and grabbed her daughter for a hug before planting a kiss on her forehead. "Your first boy friend huh?" Deva nodded. "Honey you're a very beautiful girl, and there are sooooo many more guys out there just waiting to get at you..but hanging on to the past isn't going to get you anywhere. I'm sure this jerk will get what he deserves, and If he ever hurts my baby again, tell him to meet me in an alley and I'll give him a piece of my mind." Deva giggled covering her face in embarrassment, she loved her mom, but sometimes she was crazy. "Okay?" "Okay" Deva replied.
She felt much better now, much much better. " I love you"... "I love you too mom" Deva's mom grabbed her purse before glaring down at her watch. "I have to go run some errands around town" she sighed. "But next time can we meet some place else, besides a church honey? I know you think you're too cool for your mom now, but let's do lunch next time? And I promise I'll make your dad come" Deva nodded and hugged her mom before she took off and when she left, gone was the glow of Blue Velvet But in her heart there'll always be precious and warm a memory through the years and she still can see Blue Velvet through her tears.

Deva wiped her eyes staring at all the glass stained pictures around the church, it was peaceful, it was empty except for someone towards the front of the church. She hoped it was no one she knew, or for that matter anyone from SCA. But she wasn't going to take a chance of them seeing her whoever they were. If they were here the whole time they probably heard the whole conversation with her mom, and heard Deva crying it... was too much. Deva grabbed a bible in one of the stands and quietly took a seat behind this person. Waiting for them to leave first so she could figure out who they were. She would place the bible directly in front of her face easing it down periodically seeing if they would show, hoping, waiting, like the true spy she was...
Deva Nicole Reese
Deva Nicole Reese

SCA Cash : 38
She wore Blue Velvet [OPEN] Sprsca10

Back to top Go down

She wore Blue Velvet [OPEN] Empty Re: She wore Blue Velvet [OPEN]

Post by Elijah Reid Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:24 am

Eli wasn't really a religious type of guy. He's always been dragged to go to church with his mother back when his dad was campaigning for the Senatorial spot. "It's good for the press, honey," she used to croon whenever Eli rebelled against the idea of wasting an hour of his time watching some old guy talk about redemption. When the results came in and his dad lost by less than a thousand votes, the Church going stopped and that was the end of Eli's short relationship with God. It was a surprise then, when Eli found himself wandering towards the church on a perfectly good afternoon. He could picture days when he followed obediently behind his mother while she smiled for the cameras and pretended to actually care while she stood beside her husband, the big shot Movie Producer who somehow suddenly had the heart to run for the benefit of the people.

Bullshit. All of it.

Eli barely made a sound as he continued to saunter through the middle isle, his fingers brushing over the wooden pews. It was quiet except for the sound of water dripping from somewhere in the huge cathedral. Without thinking, he slid into one of the seats. "I don't even know how to pray," he muttered to no one in particular, shaking his head and feeling slightly sorry for himself. "Does that mean I'm damned?" He didn't have time to answer his own question when he suddenly heard voices beside him. He stayed really still, recognizing the voice. The talk went on for a while and he found himself eavesdropping on the conversation. Deva. He's heard that name before. His thought were cut off by the sudden sound of Sobbing and Eli held his breath, not really sure if he should walkout and risk detection or stay where he was and hope she just left. He heard one set of footsteps leave and figured the other girl, Deva, stayed.

Five, ten, fifteen minutes passed and Eli was starting to get really impatient. Fine. He slid out of his seat smoothly and pivoted around toward the exit, trying his best to look like he didn't just listen in on what was supposed to be something private.

Elijah Reid
Elijah Reid

SCA Cash : 43
She wore Blue Velvet [OPEN] Au201210 She wore Blue Velvet [OPEN] Crown-gold-icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva Nicole Reese Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:12 pm

If Deva learned anything from spying, it was that you had to be patient sometimes. She felt like a real James Bond for awhile till the culprit moved. Then she froze in fear the bible still covering her face, what would she do now. What if they were looking her way, that would expose her face, but she needed to know who it was, she had to know. Deva slammed the bible together and dropped to the cold dirty floor.
She was sure she was loud enough to be heard and was sure she looked like a complete idiot right now. What am I doing? Jesus if my mom saw me like this she would think I've gone crazy.
Deva pulled herself up brushing dust off her knees and saw him. Was he really here the whole time? What if he heard our conversation? Heard me crying. Deva started to freak out. What if he went to SCA? & Told everyone. "Hey You!" Deva shouted with the least bit of confidence she had left.
She wasn't sure what she would say if he responded, or if she would say anything at all.
Deva Nicole Reese
Deva Nicole Reese

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Reid Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:57 am

From the corner of his eyes, Eli could see what the girl was doing. He couldn't really focus on her face or anything but he could see her body's silhouette. By the time he was passing through to the nearest point beside here, there was a sudden mmuted thud followed by a loud slam that filled the quiet cathedral. What was she doing? Eli couldn't help but think she was a little weird, probably a little more than weird. It was best he got out of the place as fast as--

"Hey you!"

He heard her call out and Eli was tempted to just ignore her or go and pretend he didn't think she was referring to him. That was stupid though since they were the only ones there. Drawing out a frustrated sigh, Eli stopped walking but kept his face angled away "Pretend I wasn't here," he called back, biting his inner cheek.

Elijah Reid
Elijah Reid

She wore Blue Velvet [OPEN] Au201210 She wore Blue Velvet [OPEN] Crown-gold-icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva Nicole Reese Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:39 am

Deva's pulse grew faint as the guy actually responded. "Uhmm No! I mean.. did you hear all of that?" she asked embarrassed. "My uhhh sister...gets so emotional sometimes she's such a baby." She lied, she was pretty sure this guy could care less about what just happened, but she had to make sure he knew it wasn't her crying even though it really was.

"Her boyfriend cheated on her and I guess I'm her pillow to cry on heh heh.."
She scratched her head nervously hoping her lies were catching on, it seemed like a pretty legit story so far.
Deva Nicole Reese
Deva Nicole Reese

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Reid Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:00 pm

She's a crappy liar, Eli though as he watched her ramble about her 'sister'. It was so obvious from the way her voice shook that Eli didn't even bother pointing it out. She probably knew as much as he did that he wasn't buying any of it. "You didn't have to explain anything," Elijah said. He didn't want her to keep on spewing lies to save herself from whatever she was trying to hide. Taking a deep breath, Eli turned around and waited for his eyes to adjust to the light streaming off the tinted glass. When they did, Eli stepped back and narrowed his eyes. She was in one of his classes. Or at least he thought she was. So familiar...

"You should put some ice on that," he gestured at her slightly bloodshot eyes, looking away.

Elijah Reid
Elijah Reid

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva Nicole Reese Sat May 04, 2013 1:33 am

"I'm fine", Deva groaned, kicking her feet together. it was pretty obvious he knew she was lying, she use to be so good at lying, what happened. Deva peered up at him now in a sort of awkward atmosphere, okay she was busted, but so what. People cry sometimes and that's okay.

(Sorry, I wasnt sure how to reply I'll rework it if ya' need it.)
Deva Nicole Reese
Deva Nicole Reese

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Reid Thu May 23, 2013 5:41 am

"Yeah," Eli wasn't convinced. He also didn't think she knew who he was. In some ways, he was sort of relieved. It was weird enough that he was in a church, without a real reason to be there. He felt like an outsider in a stranger's house. Letting his gaze drop, Eli shifted away from the girl, noticing how uncomfortable she was around him. "I hope your sister's okay." Playing along was the safest way to go.
Elijah Reid
Elijah Reid

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva Nicole Reese Fri May 24, 2013 12:38 am

Deva's eyes shot up at him in surprise, she stared carelessly for a moment before snapping back to herself. "Uhmm uh yeah.... She'll be alright... So you're religious?", she stuttered trying to make conversation. Her eyes shot up the stained glass windows then back at him as she nervously waited for an answer.
Deva Nicole Reese
Deva Nicole Reese

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Reid Sat May 25, 2013 9:04 pm

"Are you serious?" Eli scoffed, and when he realized she sort of was, he shut the hell up and tried to look guilty. He caught her staring and a small smirk made its way up to his lips. Then it faded just as fast as it came. Even though her eyes were bloodshot, she sort of...looked like she needed to talk. Eli was the worst at comforting people. He couldn't handle crying girls if it was a life or death situation. "I was joking--um, that was supposed to be a joke."

Eli snapped his mouth closed again before he said anything weird. "You really don't want me here, do you?"
Elijah Reid
Elijah Reid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum