Sunny Coast Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Many Books, So Little Time | Rowan & Peoples

2 posters

Go down

So Many Books, So Little Time | Rowan & Peoples Empty So Many Books, So Little Time | Rowan & Peoples

Post by Tala Raven Everit Sat May 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Tala bounced into her new-found haven, eyes bright and their signature happy, sparkling green-gray. She had found her home in this foreign place, somewhere she could go if she ever felt down. A bookstore. It was second only to a Library or a Cemetery. A Library, because one always felt at peace in a Library, like nothing could go wrong. A cemetery, because the ghosts were fine with her, no matter what she did. They were simply please to have her company.

But so far she'd had no luck with finding the Library and she was far to happy to go to the cemetery. So a bookstore it was. She'd spent the morning searching for one around Manhatten Beach, but with no luck. After a quick stop at Java Beans to rejuvenate, she'd continued on her quest. A good thing too, as only minutes later she found her hidden treasure, which also went by the name Borders' Bookstore.

"Oh my, oh my, oh my!" she declared, enthralled. "Look at all these books! And they're even in English. Gracious, I must be dreaming! Can it really be that I have found the place where dreams are created, live, then die?"

To the world it would seem a rhetorical question, seeing as no one was there to answer it, but Tala was so happy she was talking to herself once again. It was also because of this same happiness that she didn't berate herself for doing so.

She praned around the bookstore, searching for all her favorite authors and books. No matter what happened later on, she was sure that she'd stay delighted for the rest of the day.
Tala Raven Everit
Tala Raven Everit

SCA Cash : 44
So Many Books, So Little Time | Rowan & Peoples Spring10

Back to top Go down

So Many Books, So Little Time | Rowan & Peoples Empty Re: So Many Books, So Little Time | Rowan & Peoples

Post by Rowan Ambroisa Valentine Sat May 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Rowan strolled into the bookstore with a mellow aura surrounding her as her eyes scanned around the large room....there was a stale smell in the air, she wrinkled her nose, thinking 'Why did I come here, again?'. Soon enough Rowan was enamoured by the amount of books that they had to offer.

"Oooh this looks like a good book! Actually maybe this one? What's this? What was I looking for again....?" Rowan mumbled, incoherent words as she scanned along the archives for books on advanced drawing to hone her artistic skills. Who knew a library could have so many interesting books to indulge in.

Her head quickly shot up as she heard someone enter the store, frowning, she called out "Hello? Anyone there?".

OOC/: Sorry if it's not that good :/
Rowan Ambroisa Valentine
Rowan Ambroisa Valentine

SCA Cash : 14

Back to top Go down

So Many Books, So Little Time | Rowan & Peoples Empty Re: So Many Books, So Little Time | Rowan & Peoples

Post by Tala Raven Everit Mon May 13, 2013 5:39 pm

"Oh, hello!" Tala exclaimed, dancing happily over to the girl, then holding out her hand for the girl to shake. "I'm Tala! Nice to meecha!"

"Oh, isn't this place just dreamy?!" she asked, twliring in delight. "So many books! I just love books! And bookstores! And libraries! And happy places in general... don't you?!"

Tala skipped over to a bookshelf, pulling out the first book with an interesting title that she saw. It was called Clockwork Spiders. After looking at the back and reading the description, she contemplated putting it back, but then held it close to her chest instead. She had deemed it worthy of reading.
Tala Raven Everit
Tala Raven Everit

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Ambroisa Valentine Tue May 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Raising an eyebrow, with a frown a on her lips, Rowan hesitantly shook, the strange girl's hand "I'm Rowan, I guess it's nice to meet you"

Rowan couldn't help but grimace at Tala's happy attitude, the only reason she had come to the bookstore was to have some peace and quiet, seeing as she was having a bad day. She picked up a random book, and looked at the cover 'The Great Gatsby', this didn't really seem like a good book but either way she was still going to read it.
Rowan Ambroisa Valentine
Rowan Ambroisa Valentine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tala Raven Everit Tue May 14, 2013 5:48 pm

"Oh!" Tala exclaimed, stopping suddenly and giving her full attentiont to Rowan for a split second. "You're not quite all right, are you? You seem down. Something must be wrong, because no one can possibly feel bad in a bookstore! It's got too much magic and hope and happiness and dreams!"

She resumed her search for the book Clockwork Princess, but looked at Rowan out of the corner of her eye. She wished she could help the girl. No one ought to be so sad. Though her eyes weren't all that sad, which meant it mussn't have been all too bad.

"Can I help?" Tala queried softly, turning her big, gray-green eyes to look at Rowan. "Or at least try?"
Tala Raven Everit
Tala Raven Everit

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Ambroisa Valentine Tue May 14, 2013 6:01 pm

Rowan pursed her lips, giving Tala a questioning look, she debated on whether or not she should tell this girl about her daily problems, how would a random girl be able to help with what she was going through....
Giving a tiny, barely there smile, "It's just, I don't really seem to connect with my artwork these days, like I have no inspiration to turn too, ya know?" the words flew out of her mouth, what harm could it do to tell Tala what's been bothering her.

Rowan Ambroisa Valentine
Rowan Ambroisa Valentine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tala Raven Everit Wed May 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Tala paused for a moment, closed her eyes, and looked very pensieve. Then her eyes shot open and she looked at Rowan, a light from deep within her glowing brightly and lightening up the whole room.

"Well, then you just need a muse!" she stated, as though it was the most obvious thing in the world. "It can't be that hard to find. You simply need something, or someone, that inspires you, makes you feel alive and happy to be so. Something magical, right out of a storybook. Something special to you, that makes your heart clench, your breath catch and your eyes glow when you see it. So special, that as soon as it's out of your line of sight your whole world feels like it could collapse, just because you can't be sure anymore whether it was a dream, or if it was real."

"Got anything like that?"
Tala asked brightly, sure that they'd find something even if she didn't have it already.
Tala Raven Everit
Tala Raven Everit

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Ambroisa Valentine Fri May 17, 2013 5:23 pm

Rowan compressed her lips in deep thought, she's never had a muse before, she'd heard of a muse but never really thought that she would need one seeing as her ideas just come to her spontaneously. However, that doesn't mean that couldn't have one.

"If I'm honest with you, Tala, I've never really seen the point of having a muse, it seems like a waste of time, just focusing on one thing that you think could help you find inspiration but really it doesn't you just make yourself believe it does. Also, If i did find a muse, who would the muse be?"
Rowan Ambroisa Valentine
Rowan Ambroisa Valentine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tala Raven Everit Sat May 18, 2013 12:03 pm

"No, no, no, you're understanding me wrong," Tala replied, shaking her head back and forth. "By muse, I meant something to inspire you. First of all, it hasn't got to be a person, it can be a thing. Secondly, it's doesn't have to give you inspiration forever. It just has to work for at least one thing. Look like... um... I need to find an example. Okay, when I wrote songs in the past, it was normally because I liked someone. Near the beginning of these likes (well, crushes really) I'd get super inspired and write a good three to four songs. After that, I wasn't inspired for a while. Then when I got another crush, I wrote another few songs. And they weren't all about love or anything like. They were simply inspirations caused somehow by this special person."

"Now, it also wasn't always people,"
she continued to explain. "Sometimes it was just a feeling. An amazing feeling that I got from an activity. Like once, while running, I felt so happy I was sure I could fly. Just like that, lyrics hit me and I started writing them down. A few mintues later I had a whole song. You see what I mean?"

Tala looked at the girl expectantly waiting for an answer. Then she was hit with another idea of howt hey could find her a muse.

"Well, why don't we backtrack for a second?" she asked, thinking hard. "Maybe if we find out what's inspired you before, then we can see if there's a pattern. That should help us find something new to get your gears turning. So, tell me, Rowan, why have you had the urge to do artisty stuff before?"
Tala Raven Everit
Tala Raven Everit

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Ambroisa Valentine Sat May 18, 2013 6:43 pm

Rowan nodded her head in understanding as she carefully listened to Tala. Frowning she thought back to her childhood of being alone with no one to confide to, no one to to play with, such a lonely childhood that was...
"I- I turned to art when I was home-schooled and didn't have any friends, my days were always spent by myself or with my tutor, even though I was young I'm pretty sure I was on the verge of becoming depressed" giving a shrewd smile as she absentmindedly played with her fingers.
Rowan Ambroisa Valentine
Rowan Ambroisa Valentine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tala Raven Everit Sat May 25, 2013 11:04 am

"Aw you poor darling!" Tala exclaimed, jumping forward to give Rowan a hug. "Well, don't you worry! We'll find you friends fater than... Well, sound or light!"

Having been home-schooled when she was younger, Tala understood perfectly how Rowan felt. She also hadn't had many friends, just her uncle and her siblings. It wasn't too bad - she'd withdrawn into a world of fantasy, since she found refuge in books, but other than that she turned out quite fine. She hope that she'd be able to help Rowan find some friends and a muse. The girl would be all right. Tala could feel it.

"Hm... well, whenever you drew, why did you start and why did you do it?" she asked, fishing for clues.
Tala Raven Everit
Tala Raven Everit

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Ambroisa Valentine Sun May 26, 2013 6:26 am

Rowan's body tensed up as she flinched away from the hug that Tala was about to give her. She was very protective of her own personal space and wasn't used to having physical contact with people that she didn't trust or didn't know very well.

"I started drawing because I had no friends, I-I just felt alone and like....nobody cared for me even though I had my parents they just didn't show me that they cared as they were always traveling out of the country and I had to stay at home being looked after by my nanny" She gave a bitter smile "It was so simple yet expressive, I could let my emotions pour out onto the paper with just a pencil" Rowan let out a deep sigh.
Rowan Ambroisa Valentine
Rowan Ambroisa Valentine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tala Raven Everit Thu May 30, 2013 7:05 pm

"Sorry 'bout that," she apologised, jumping back from Rowan. "I'm a hugger."

"So, you didn't need a muse,"
Tala mused, listening to Rowan's story. "You just had so much feeling inside you, wanting to get out, that you didn't even need one. Which probably means that lately you've been able to get your feelings out again, that you found someone to talk to or something. So, you just have to get yourself to feel very strongly about something, then that should work."

"You got some randomn person you can channel anger at for no reason?"
she asked, trying to be helpful but quite sure she was failing. "Or... maybe someone you met lately that you really like? A boyfriend? Nothing you feel like you want to tell someone, but you just can't find the words?"
Tala Raven Everit
Tala Raven Everit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down