Sunny Coast Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to the school days ?

+7
Isabella Wilmerton
Iris moon Bugem
Nikki Delaney
Alexa Stratford
Elijah Reid
Veronica Fuentes
Gwen Novak
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Back to the school days ? Empty Back to the school days ?

Post by Gwen Novak Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:22 am

If you haven't heard SCA will be returning soon and generations will be moving on. This will be used as a sort of update thread so you all know whats going on and how the update or rather downgrade is going.

So let me try to give an idea of what will be staying the same and what will be different. Because there were a bit of flaws when SCA was around, and there were some really great things about generations that I noticed a lot of members like, & I'm trying to keep the old SCA basically the way it was around the end of 2011 through early 2012. So that means the whole aging up deal we have in place will be staying the same. I know some don't like it but, I think it's something that makes SCA shine. We wouldn't be SCA without that. & Hopefully we can get you guys to sophomores for once lol. >_<

I noticed with Generations that a lot of members liked the fact that they can make older characters. 18+ Characters, which was possible with SCA but, they had to be teachers or school faculty. With that I was thinking maybe SCA could be more than just 9-12 but also have a University next door. I don't want to make things too complicated like Generations so we won't go below 14 years old or allow townies or anything, so no matter what your character would have to live/work/go to a school.
But I think a University would be a nice touch for maybe older members who really don't like playing teenagers. The University student age could be maybe 18-21 so it's also 4 years and we could use the aging up feature we have here, so that means if you want your character to go to university they would have to start a freshman in college and work their way up, just like they would with the high school. Shouldn't be too complicated because it will work the same as the highschool EXCEPT now your characters are legal, college parties, & BEER!? Sounds good huh?

Heh...anyway that's really the only major change that will change or be different about the return of SCA. Everything else will be EXACTLY the same. Classes, Gossip Girl, Cliques... If it used to be on this site then it is most likely coming back.

But the first thing I need to do is start deleting things. I'm not sure if some of you want to save post or whatever it may be, but please do so soon and Your applications are on your profile as of now, so you won't have to worry much about that. But those will be removed as well later, rather than soon. If you have any questions just mail me and I'll try to keep this thread updated on whats going on, I can't wait to get the site open again Smile
Gwen Novak

SCA Cash : 1022

http://www.sunnycoastacademy.com

Back to top Go down

Back to the school days ? Empty Re: Back to the school days ?

Post by Gwen Novak Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:31 am

Just an update, the site is coming along great, I try to update it whenever I have time, or whenever I'm not lazy haha.
But it's getting there. Thanks for all the support Smile
Gwen Novak

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica Fuentes Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:52 pm

whizzer!
Veronica Fuentes
Veronica Fuentes

SCA Cash : 121
Back to the school days ? Sprsca10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwen Novak Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:27 pm

I'm going to go ahead and let FACE CLAIMS open.
Since I didn't do a reserve form , I'm just going to say that members who are keeping the same face as before have rights over it before anyone else. For example.
Our member Astrid uses Arianna Grande as her face claim, if she wants to continue using her but doesn't claim her first she will get rights over Arianna because thats been her face claim for awhile, although if she doesn't want to use the face anymore, the other person would get it.

Hope it makes sense, anyway start claiming children, the board is almost back Smile
Gwen Novak

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwen Novak Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:24 am

Forgot to mention. Sorry haha. But when you do your face claim you can also change your name there as well, Ill update it if it's different. But remember like FC you only get to change your name once. These of course are free passes, so you only have one change after this.
Gwen Novak

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwen Novak Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:58 am

Update:

I need opinions, I was going to discuss this with just the mods, but why not let the whole member base get a say?
So I'm trying to decide on how the school system would work. We have the original way, which has been used on SCA so far. & a new way that Ethan & I came up with to be used on Generations, but as generations died so did the Idea. So I'll explain the different ways to you guys, give pros & cons and I want some feedback. Or maybe you have a completely new system in mind? Whatever is PLEASE give opinions haha!

ORIGINAL
Classes were interactive and worked similar to real life, before the school year all teachers would post up different classes and students would sign up for each class. Classes had limits, some had fees and even some had requirements. There was a max of 6 classes per student but weren't needed as you only need 20 credits to pass.
When school started, actual work would be posted on each class board and along with light roleplaying in the specific class work would need to be completed. Each class was worth a certain amount of credits, at most maybe 5-10 depending n the difficulty of the class and at the end of the year the teacher would grade the work and roleplays and give you a final score. If you earned required credits you would move up a grade, if not you had a chance to sign up for summer school, or take the grade over.

PROS:
- Sometimes Fun
- Easy, Light Roleplaying
- Somewhat Realistic
- Gave teachers an actual interactive job
- Challenging

CONS:
- Calls for ALOT of Responsibility and dedication.
- Lots of students did not pass because they ignored they're school life.
- Takes alot of Teacher characters which we were always short of
- Somewhat tedious

NEW
The new system is a bit similar to the original but would lack involvement of teachers, there will no more class sign ups, perm classes for HS students would range from basic classes and a few typical electives. So like I said, we could still have teacher characters but they would no longer be able to post classes or would need to post work for each class they have. More responsibility would be put on students as they are required to do a set amount of "classwork" the classwork and its requirements will become more challenging as you move up in the grades, it also allows you the freedom to post on your time and rids the confusion for students who join in the middle of the semester. You can still fail and all that jazz and you would also be required to post some typical "learning" post. I mean school isn't all fun and games right?

PROS:
- Less work on staff. Trying to get everyone in a class or get enough teachers was so much work.
- No responsibilities for teachers. Making sure teachers posted their classes and turned in their grades was hell.
- Do the work on your time. Once again there are deadlines for the work but it won't be weekly deadlines.
- NO real work. Pro or Con?The only work you'd be doing is a solo roleplay of you working in class.

CONS:
- Not Interactive. There wont be a first post by a teacher and all the class joins in. I mean this still could happen. But whats the fun in art class if we can't go google searching for a piece of art to turn in. ( Memories )
- Student Responsibility. Pro or Con? You are responsible for yourself. This is a pro to teachers and con to students who want to blame others for their problems hehe. But ideally it's up to you if your character passes or fails, Maybe they're a rebel. This would work out great for them.
- No Sign Ups. I'm running out of cons because I myself am leaning towards this new method. Maybe we could still sort of have signups and class schedules. I really loved the feature of students rushing to get into classes hehe. But with the new method teacher jobs would be much easier and hopefully more desirable.

So decide darlings. Like I said I myself am loving the second method. Its makes things easier for staff and maybe we could still have the whole signups deal but the classes would generally work different. Hmm, We'll see? I can't wait for some feedback. The sooner you speak the sooner SCA opens. Lol bribery Smile
Gwen Novak

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Reid Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:01 am

New system sounds legit. Just a clarification though, so the "classwork" will be provided by you and all we have to do is complete it?
Elijah Reid
Elijah Reid

SCA Cash : 43
Back to the school days ? Au201210 Back to the school days ? Crown-gold-icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Stratford Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:07 am

Hmm. I loved the first method, because it just seemed so realistic yet not too realistic so it would be TOO TOO much to make us run away, but you were right about the teachers and it was really confusing because I played the Music and Gym teacher lmfao. So, I think I'd have to choose the second/new way because it seems more relaxed and not as pressuring (not really was it pressuring-hopefully you catch my drift). But I really loved the sign ups idea, it was reaaaally cool. So incorporating that would be really sweet. I mean this is a democracy, though, so don't let me say too muuuch.<3
Alexa Stratford
Alexa Stratford

SCA Cash : 29
Back to the school days ? Bdaysc10 Back to the school days ? Sprsca10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki Delaney Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:27 pm

I like the new system. The old one was a lot of fun, but it was still a lot of work, and there was always that teacher who never posted and work, and just messed up everything. It is kind of a bummer that the teacher characters don't serve much purpose anymore, but there were never really many teachers to begin with.
Nikki Delaney
Nikki Delaney

SCA Cash : 21
Back to the school days ? Sco10 Back to the school days ? Spring10

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris moon Bugem Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:35 pm

I like the old system but the New system seems more realistic for Universty goers. Sorry if that doesnt make sense so NEW SYSTEM please
Iris moon Bugem
Iris moon Bugem

SCA Cash : 49
Back to the school days ? Sprsca10 Back to the school days ? Spring10

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella Wilmerton Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:47 pm

Well the whole interactive class thing seems like it would be fun, but I can understand how it can become stressful if teachers don't post or you don't get around to posting for your character. Sooo, second/new method please Smile
Isabella Wilmerton
Isabella Wilmerton

SCA Cash : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwen Novak Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:59 pm

Thanks everyone for replying Smile

@ Ethan
It wouldn't be actual work, more like a roleplay but really simple. For instance say if someone was in a math class and an art class.
One day they could write on roleplay on them doing math work, then the next day they could be doing art work. Just switch it up with all their classes.

@ Alexa & Chris
Alexa, I will miss the old system as well, well mostly the signups. Thats why I think I'll just add them on to the new method, somehow, So Chris the teachers won't be completely useless. We will need them to post classes, and other than that they can still engage in random class roleplays, also teachers are allowed to roam wherever else they like. So I'd think it be more desirable haha. But we'll see.

Anyway, Thanks everyone. I'll wait on a few other opinions Smile

Gwen Novak

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Reid Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:20 pm

I go for the second method then Smile
Elijah Reid
Elijah Reid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Well It's been awhile without a workable computer but I have returned and am informed of all of the changes that have taken place in my absence... I read over all the changes and I agree with the move back as well as the adding of the university for people who prefer to play an older role. I also like the new way the System has been set up with the classes great touches Kuduh... I look forward to being back again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylie Daniels Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:49 pm

So I had joined in the middle of the semester last year and didn't quite know what was going on. I never really new the old method, but me personally would like the new method. I know I have a lot going on and I'm surprised that I can even make it on everyday so far, even if it is for only a couple of minutes. So the time thing plays into it a lot. I get the whole teacher thing though, how there weren't enough of them. I guess the second method would take some of the pressure off of them. Thanks for asking our opinions! Very Happy
Kylie Daniels
Kylie Daniels

SCA Cash : 47
Back to the school days ? Sco10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenadee Vanburen Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Well,I'm pretty lazy. And the first method sounds like having extra school work *shivers* So,the new method sounds a-okay. It's just like what happens when Shinx uses discharge though. As in it's super effective! Hehe.
Kenadee Vanburen
Kenadee Vanburen

SCA Cash : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Carson Jaeger Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:47 pm

The new way sounds better. I don't think I need to explain why seeing as everyone else has already done so xD
Carson Jaeger
Carson Jaeger

SCA Cash : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwen Novak Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:08 am

It's just like what happens when Shinx uses discharge though
POKEMON!

Hehe okay, so it's pretty clear everyone is loving the second method. So the "New" way it is Smile
I already have a guide written up for it that will be adjusted to fit SCA and I'll try to make things really easy so it's not so much work.

Anyway I need another opinion from you all since you were all so quick to reply to the one above. I know some things I'm so stubborn on and would never change haha, But right now to make this run of SCA successful I'm trying to also get a feel of what the members like.
So last time around we had a consequence system. I asked opinions on that before and a lot of you were like "Awesome Idea" "This would be perfect for my rebel character"
For those who weren't around then, consequences were a way to sort of punish the troublemakers in the bunch. I mean you don't get away with everything right?

So the idea was implemented it ran pretty well except it had a few flaws. When it came time to actually punish these troublemakers in character we were sort of at a lost on what to do. There was In character detention that some students were sent to. But it never worked out the way I expected.
So then a member posted a suggestion to try to work out the punishments and they suggested that we "suspend" & "expel" students also meaning, temp ban their character for suspension, and delete the troubled character for expulsion. The member themselves wont be banned from the site for eternity, just that character.
A lot of members hated that idea, because who wants their precious characters to vanish. But then again I was like well, what could we do to sort of simulate suspension or expulsion. It would add a nice spice to those troublemaker characters.

So I reach out to you guys, what could we do to simulate a punishment system without having to tear characters apart from members, would you even be comfortable with a punishment system. Do you think it's too much and troublemakers should just get away with it. Or maybe you like the punishment system mentioned above haha?
Just a note I'm not trying discourage rebellious characters, I want the rebels to sneak out the dorms past curfew or start a huge food fight lol. But whats the thrill in being bad if theres no chance you'd get caught.
So opinions please, even if you have a whole new system in your head. I would love to hear it. Thanks!
Gwen Novak

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris moon Bugem Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:15 am

I LOVED! The consequence system (Cathy incidence) But if the character is suspended then I believe that their account shouldn't. They should just roam the streets.
Any ways is it possible to make one character post in one board Say like jail? Or you can make a detention center for expelled kids. So they dont go to SCA anymore they go "Coast school for delinquents" or something. but maybe they still live in the dorms
Iris moon Bugem
Iris moon Bugem

SCA Cash : 49
Back to the school days ? Sprsca10 Back to the school days ? Spring10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimistree Ares Elliot Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:28 pm

I liked the old one. But like you said, it never really happened. I can't think of anything to replace it though. Something that's affective but also reasonable? I'll sleep on it, haha. Maybe you could have something like if a character got caught doing it then they'd be punished or something. If not, then oh well. Or maybe they could turn themselves in by putting their names on the bulletin board on some sort of topic or something. I don't know. I'll think of something.
Kimistree Ares Elliot
Kimistree Ares Elliot

SCA Cash : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Stratford Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:03 pm

When it comes to suspending, I don't think the profile should be temporarily banned. I mean, I guess should still be able to roleplay, just not on school grounds. Being expelled, I think it should only be necessary if said character does like the most drastic thing. Like when that one girl just started bashing the other one on the beach one time during the summer? I think it would be a decent idea to expel them unless the person who's playing them wants to keep them in the city or something, maybe change their ways? I don't know if any of this makes sense, but just tossing in my two cents there. <3

Last edited by Alexa Stratford on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alexa Stratford
Alexa Stratford

SCA Cash : 29
Back to the school days ? Bdaysc10 Back to the school days ? Sprsca10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwen Novak Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:03 pm

Well I really don't want to make a whole other school or something for kids expelled from SCA... Reminds me of generations ECKHH! Lol
But I like your idea Iris, I was actually thinking to do something like that a bit ago. Making a group for detention students, and setting privileges to that group so they only can post in the detention room haha. This could last maybe a day or 2 real time
Or even we can make a group for suspended students, where they only can post on campus. Like they lose all rights to leave campus for awhile.
Now what you mentioned Alexa, I remember that, I think her head was bashed on a rock... O_O
Maybe some sort of on campus jail where they do time lol. I don't know. Similar to detention. But longer and worse.

Tell me what you guys think , is it reasonable?
Gwen Novak

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:06 pm

Oh yeah, and we never really got to elect our officers. xD You know, for the student council? It would be fun to see them running around and trying to reign all the troublemakers down. This is Ethan btw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwen Novak Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:23 pm

Mhmm, I was planning on doing that this time since we're starting fresh also have so many other school events planned for you guys. It shall be fun ^_^
Gwen Novak

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Reid Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:34 pm

We're looking forward to it. Should the officers have some sort of badge?
Elijah Reid
Elijah Reid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next